czwartek, 22 czerwca 2017

Fashions fade, style is eternal - Milano !


I know I know, it's been A WHILE since my last post but believe me or not - med school and blog is not a perfect combination ;)




However, it doesn't mean that I forgot about travels ! That's 
probably never gonna happen to me haha ! When I'm in Bydgoszcz I always think about my sweet home and when I'm home...yeah, it's quite simple - travels is what's mainly in my mind. This year was the toughest in my life so far but I had time for some reflections tho. And that actually may be the topic of my next post. And now Ladies and Gentlemen let me tell you a bit about one of my favourite cities in Europe (maybe even in the world, I'd need to think..:D)
Milan is a dream of most people as much obsessed with fashion as me. So if you're not really into fashion or culture, I will not get angry if you quit this page right now ;)




1. Feel the city
I will be repeating this sentence till the end of my life I guess... But for those who read my blog for the first time - it's a fact. If you want to get to know the city, try to feel it, try to walk your paths, not the ones that are most famous or said to be 'must-see'. How did I do it in Milan ?
I remember the moment when I get outta subway station and immediately noticed Duomo Cathedral... The only thing I thought was : 'wow, it's been 11 years since I was here last time and you're still so stunning, Milanoooo!' And I started my weekend trip not with the most famous spots, but with .......... SHOPPING ! <3 Yeah, I know that was kinda obvious !




2. World of shopping
I could write about shopping and fashion hundreds of pages and I would not get bored - but you would ;) First of all, if you want to do the shopping in Milan you should be aware of the prices. I'd recommend you not to buy too many things in chain stores since you can get these items everywhere else. Where to buy then ? In the center of this charming city there's of course well-known Galleria Vitorio Emanuele II, nice to take pictures but for ‘more real’ shopping we’ve got La Rinascente. Perfect place also to take a look at all these amazing shoes that usually you can admire on celebrities’ feet. Nevertheless, you will find boutiques on almost every street, especially in the city center so I'd like to get your attention on some places outside the heart of Milan. Since the beggining I've been planning to go to Corso Como 10. Spot where you can meet so many interesting people - fashion designers, fashion bloggers and other people connected with fashion industry. But what's the most incredible in that place - the atmosphere. It's like an oasis of peace and relax located by the crowded street. I started with eating cause that must be a part of the stay in Italy ! 










And here we have the modern part of Milan...




After tasting my pasta and champagne-strawberry tiramisu with a glass of Prosecco in the garden :D I enetered the building. From the outside it's just an old tenement house with plants on the walls and small balconies. Inside it's like a different world. Yves Saint Laurent, MiuMiu, Jimmy Choo...




I have never seen so many famous brands in one place. And shoes, omg, they are works of art ! I don't want to exaggerate but have you ever seen shoes in the glass-case ?? Some of them were designed in 1928 ! Second floor is all about architecture and art - in April they had an amazing furniture exhibition designed by Pierre Cardin. Another room is a kind of book shop - you can find here everything about fashion, design, architecture, culture and famous designers or even actors. 











Going further I've noticed narrow stairs so guess what i did haha .. of course I went upstairs and what I saw was just breathtaking. Small tables and chairs among beautiful flowers with a view of lovely houses aroud and the modern part of Milan !





Corso Como 10 is just my world - everything I need in one place... and it's soooo romantic in there ! Last thing I want to tell you in this chapter - it's not about buying the most expensive and luxurious things in Milan, not many people can afford shopping in Chanel, Prada, YSL or Gucci. Obviously if you're one of them - nothing stands on the way. The secret however is to have a good taste, be able to see the details and buy similar things in let's say.. other stores haha ;) But it doesn't change the fact that it's awesome to save some money and buy at least one thing which you've been dreaming about for years and it's super expensive but super worth it !! Treat yourself - you deserve it.







3. Choose your own path in Milan

Second day in Milan was for me a bit more touristic but wonderful at the same time. I started with The Last Supper by Leonardo da Vinci. That is ABSOLUTELY must-see. I don't care if you're into art or not. I don't care if you like my 'Milan post' or not ! If you're an educated bright person you gotta see it while staying in Milan. Book the tickets in advance ! http://www.milan-museum.com/last-supper-hidden-gems-guided-tour.php What I can really recommend is to take the tour package : The Last supper and the hidden gems, for instance. We had such an amazing italian tour guide ! She took us places we would have never found and showed us so many lovely  cafes. 





Beauty of Milan is hidden - but when you finally find it, it will make you feel like you found a diamond. Believe me. Just take a look ! haha and of course, you will like the 'fuck-you' monument  the most, as I suppose. The quaint thing about this statue is that it's located in the Business Square(Piazza Affari). According to the 'history', it's an unambiguous 'fuck-you' to the world of bankers and CEOs. The statue bears the title of L.O.V.E., which stands for Libertà, Odio, Vendetta, Eternità (Freedom, Hate, Vengeance, Eternity) and was created in 2010 by the Italian artist Maurizio Cattelan, known for his provocative works. The statue was supposed to stay in Piazza Affari for just a couple of weeks, but the city government decided to keep it there indefinitely.








The rest of te day we spent walking aroud the city, shops and restaurants. Remember - the aim is to feel it. Focus on feelings, tastes, smells, people, smiling.. monuments will show up anyway. The thing is what you want to see, not what you have to see.









4. Window shopping

No no no, I'm not gonna continue with the shopping subject. I just made a pleasure from window-shopping while walking around Milan trust me - that can be so much fun. I've never seen so many awesome and unique shopwindows. By the way, I could finally go to the shops that we don't even have in Poland -.-












5. Shoes issue

Which shoes are better than italian ones, huh ? And isn't it incredible to look at your shoes and think about your italian memories ? I think that it's the best item you can buy in Milan. Choose the most fancy shoes that you will never find in your country, choose those which will make you happy every time you will put them on, focus on happiness and everyday small pleasures. Cause fashion is for you and it can be a nice part of you. Just make it fun. Express yourself cause nobody will do it better than you !









6. Love at first bite

If you've already checked out my food page on Instagram (@t_tfoodie) you know that I love eating fancy things ! The best you can do is to always choose what's typical for certain country/city/region and you can find it in most tourist guidebooks. BUT if you have such a big luck (like me) to have an italian friend, then just ask cause that's the only 100% trustworthy source of information. Carolina, if you're reading this - thank you so much once again !!! Sooo when it comes to eating, PANZEROTTI at Luini !!! OMG that’s delicious and please, don’t check  what’s that, just try it ! And of course, Risotto Osobucco alla Milanese - yummy yummy yummy. I shouldn’t even mention pizza or pasta - too obvious... One more thing that I can’t forget about : ice-cream !








7. Culture - do something for your soul

I’ve got one rule when travelling to big cities. Going to the opera or theatre ! Where to go in Milan? I’m pretty sure most of you has heard about Teatro alla Scala before. And that’s a place you should at least visit. Why at least ? You can make an extended version of your visit, like me, and go for a concert ! Trust me, that’s such a wonderful experience. I had a seat in the loge so it made the show unique and unforgettable.








I think it’s enough to convince you to discover amazing Milan ! So who’s gonna go with me for Milan Fashion Week ?





Xoxo
Travelblond

Brak komentarzy:

Prześlij komentarz